Sunday, June 12, 2011

Letters to Manipur (Part 1)


Dear Manipur,

Its monsoon here in Mumbai, everything is drenched. Monsoon in Mumbai, reminds me of home constantly. The rain here is not as beautiful as the rain there, though it has its own charm. Here, the monsoon comes down heavily on its people. The infrastructure of the city completely breaks down. To get to office everyday is an adventure in itself. The local trains, which is the main transportation of the city gets affected too.
Well, you must be thinking, why I am telling all this to you. I realized many times I come home, most of my friends feel that my life here in Mumbai is full of fun and frolic but it is not just fun and frolic, it is lot more. The grass is greener on the other side, explains most of our doubts. Sometimes, I feel coming back home would put an end to all my struggle here, but the hard work I put into learning so many things stops me from taking an abrupt action. I too yearn to do so many things for my home town but I don’t have either the money or the fame to face the politicians or the insurgence there. Dear Manipur, please don’t take me wrong, I’m just expressing my grief to you.
Manipur, in my next letter I will describe to you my one day’s adventure of going to office and coming back. Sometimes it’s hilarious and sometimes I come back home fuming. But it’s part of life, atleast part of Mumbai’s life.
Hope all is well at your end. It has started to rain again. I thought I will venture out but then had a second thought and decided to sit back and watch the rain from my window.
Love  from Mumbai

No comments:

Post a Comment